This TLD is operated by dot Science Limited (the “Registry” or “Registry Operator”). The Registry imposes certain conditions for the registration of domain names in its TLDs. As set out in our terms and conditions, by placing an order with us you unconditionally agree to be bound by these conditions as follows:
- Registrant agrees to abide by the .SCIENCE registry policies.
- Registrant consents to the collection and use of Registrant’s Personal Data during the registration process by the Registry Operator.
- Registrant acknowledges that Registry Operator may from time to time use the demographic data collected for statistical analysis, provided that this analysis will not disclose individual Personal Data.
- Registrant shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Registry Operator, and its subcontractors (including the registry back-end services provider) and their respective directors, officers, employees, affiliates and agents of each of them from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees and expenses, arising out of or relating to the Registrant’s domain name registration, except due to Registry Operator’s negligence, error or omission. This indemnification obligation shall survive the termination or expiration of the Registrar’s Terms and Conditions with the Registrant.
- Registrant shall comply with each of the following requirements:
- ICANN standards, policies, procedures, and practices for which Registry Operator has monitoring responsibility in accordance with the Registry Agreement or other arrangement with ICANN; and
- Operational standards, policies, procedures, and practices for the Registry TLD as set forth in the Registry Agreement and established from time to time by Registry Operator in a non-arbitrary manner and applicable to all Registrars, including affiliates of Registrar, and consistent with ICANN’s standards, policies, procedures, and practices and Registry Operator’s Registry Agreement with ICANN, including, in particular, any acceptable use policy, which delineates all the types of activity that define abuse and reserves the right of the Registry Operator to take appropriate action based on the type of abuse. Registrant acknowledges that additional or revised Registry Operator operational standards, policies, procedures, and practices for the Registry TLD shall be effective upon notice thirty days’ prior notice by Registry Operator to Registrar.